The next OLGH American Red Cross Blood Drive is Saturday, September 25th, from 8am-12:30pm in the gym. You can signup online here with sponsor code: olgh, call the Red Cross 1-800-RED-CROSS, after Masses in the Gather Space or contact Debi in the parish office 485-9615 x100 to schedule your donation appointment.
As we enter into this autumn season, we remember that the need for blood does not go away. By donating 45 minutes of time and one pint of blood, you are impacting the lives of up to THREE patients in need! All healthy and eligible donors are encouraged to donate blood. We will be hosting a blood drive on Saturday September 25th. This blood drive will provide much needed units of blood for patients in need. ALL PRESENTING DONORS WILL RECEIVE AN AMERICAN RED CROSS FOOTBALL T-SHIRT AS WELL AS A FREE HAIRCUT COUPON FOR SPORTS CLIPS!
Pre-scheduled appointments are highly recommended and you can do so at the attached link: RedCross Blood Drive – OLGH
Facts about donating blood:
* Only 3% of the population donate
* Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs a blood transfusion
* Every unit donated has the potential to help up to THREE patients in need
* Blood Donor App users: You will learn which hospital received your blood donation (4-5 days later)
* First time donors will learn their blood type – CRITICAL information if a donor is ever in a hospital trauma scenario